Friday 10 September 2010

I'm still so happy after this afternoon's email! I'd been checking my emails all afternoon, and around 4pm started to get really nervous. I'd stupidly watched an episode of Roger and Val Have Just Got In, but since it was an episode centred around the fact that they were waiting for an email it didn't help so much! Finally, I distracted myself with some old school AbFab series 4 and after one episode I checked the forums. People had posted saying they had received emails and had got interviews! I was gutted, because nothing had come through to my Blackberry! So my heart sank because I assumed I hadn't got one, which meant I hadn't got through, so I quickly rushed to check my emails and there it was:

Dear Victoria,

Many thanks for taking time in the pre-screen interview for the Disney’s Cultural Representative Program. We were impressed by your performance and are delighted to invite you to the final interview stage.

Your interview will be held on Saturday 2nd October 2010, at the Disney Attractions Office at 3 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9PE. Please see the link below for a map

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#map=51.49164,-0.22267|16|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:51.49164:-0.22267:16|W6%209PE|W6%209PE

Transportation to the interview is at your own expense.

You will need to arrive at 9.30am as the Disney presentation will start at promptly at 10.00 am. After the presentation your interview will be scheduled. You must be prepared to spend the whole day and will be required to dress in professional / business attire.


followed by some other general information about the interview and what I need to bring. I can't wait! I'm going down the night before and staying in a hotel nearby, and hopefully meeting up with some of the wdwip forumers the night before to get to know everyone. It's going to be so scary but I'm mega excited!


I need to keep reminding myself that this is still just an interview, and they still need to turn some people down at this stage. So I just need to do everything in my power to make sure it's not me: work on my speaking skills, interview skills, answers for interview questions, smiling, eye contact, Disney knowledge- everything! The more prepared I am, the more I will be able to relax during the interview itself and not be taken by surprise.


But I can't believe it! I'm down to the last 150 out of over 1000, which is a major accomplishment in itself. They usually offer places to around 60-80 people, so I'm in with a chance as long as I don't mess it up. I'm going to work as hard as I can during these three weeks, and since I have an interview for a job in Sheffield (which I don't want!) a few days before, I can use that to practise! Wow :D Today was a good day!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment