Wednesday 12 January 2011

I keep promising myself I'm not going to blog until I have some actual news, otherwise this blog is going to get beyond boring but I seem to fail miserably at that!
Anyway, I wanted to write about something that really was (almost) news a few months ago, but I was asked not to say anything about it. It should be OK now, though.

Probably around November I received a call from Hannah at Yummy Jobs, offering me a role in F&B starting on the 9th January! The downside to this was that I would be taking over the visa from someone who had to leave early, so the position would only be for 6 months. I took a little time to think about it and talk it through with my family, but really I knew 6 months would be no-where near enough for me. I'd be finishing the program at the end of June, which would mean I'd miss most of summer, halloween and christmas which are the times I'm most excited about being there! I'd also be arriving without a proper arrival group and all in all would only be working for Disney for a very short time. Nowhere near enough to do all that I want to do. Last November, it seemed as though I had forever still to go on the waitlist, so I decided to turn down the position and take my chances. Due to the unusual nature of the offer, they said I could remain on the Opportunity list. Now that the date I would have gone has passed and someone else has taken up the offer, I'm sure it would be OK for me to post this! I've just got to pray that Disney haven't gone off me because of that :S

I know a new round of applications has opened now (good luck to everyone!) and some people may read this blog for information so I wanted to make sure that everyone knows the process is never as straightforward as you think it's going to be!

On a happier note, Elin, who I met before my interview, got taken off the opportunity list yesterday and is heading out to Florida in June! Which is fabulous news and Elin is so lovely she really deserves it! Hoping I get a phone call myself soon and can be heading out there round about the same time! x

No comments:

Post a Comment